Oh, no, don’t panic. I will explain.
I’ve been trying to make a shop, with stock and with a bespoke here and there. It’s been a bit of a rat race. I’m trying to make a stock, and then I find better materials, but still have others to finish, which I don’t get to make plus there is a list of bespoke orders to work through. Simply put, without a staff to take care of the shop, the website, paperwork, social media and enquiries: I’m not gonna make it. Most important: I’m getting uninspired, stressed out and demotivated.
I’m calling quits.
I want to give a client full attention. I want to give them a time when I begin and take them along the process till the end without interruptions.
I want to make that thing that is calling me.
I want to make things for myself again. I never really get around that and I should.
I want to be motivated. I was half motivated to make my own wedding dress and in the end I didn’t.
I want… no wait… I need a cat.
The current plan
- Getting married. Yes, this little joyous stress is within a few weeks. Let me focus on this.
- My bespoke clients are next. I have a few and I’ll be helping them with full attention.
- Finishing some things for myself and the pile of unfinished items.
- Sewing stock is not that important to me right now. When I get around it, I’ll be making stock of your favourite items.
- Getting my workshop in order. The pipes are still broken and much more work has to be done. Parts of my house look exploded and it needs to zen the F up. Husband to be agrees.
- And then lets see from there….
So you can expect a change in how I’m going to do things. The Etsy store will stay open. It’s the least work for me. The webshop might close, but you can still avoid the Etsy fees by emailing me for an invoice if you want something. Even a message via social could be enough (yeah, I’m going there). I’m checking out Discord (server name: samalla.nl) and Twitch. I might go online and live with my creating and I want to see how I can set up a help-line for costume-makers.
I’m moving the pictures of what I made to DeviantArt (great google range) and Patreon is active again. There will be little collections for sale sometimes, but when I bought bulk stock, I need to make room again. I still have so much cotton for the Shae dresses and there won’t be a shortage any time soon (unless there is a run on them again. It happens).
And what about stands on events? Not sure yet. Maybe if I have large stock, I might go and book a stall. But I’m not sure yet. This year I’m skipping all the events. Maybe, if safe enough, I’ll go as a visitor.
You read the whole thing! Thanks. Love ya.